Map to the Maze

Sunday, January 31, 2016

The Donner Legacy: Generation 3: Chapter 8

Hello! Welcome back! Last time, we left off with a cliff hanger, a picture of two birthday cakes! I hope you enjoy!
Guess who????


So, we left off. Two birthday cakes on the counter. Whose birthdays????
The twins! First up, Fredrick.
Fredrick: Hungwy!
Macy: Just smile for the cameras, dear. You never know who's watching!
Macy: Shewwww!
Fredrick: Shewwww!
Danny: You go, son! It's ya birthday!
Daisy: Yessss! No more poopy diapers!
You still have your youngest daughter....
Darcy: Yeah, younger bro! Now we can play catch!
Sparkles!!!!
Fredrick: When can I have some of that cake....
In the other room.... MORE SPARKLES!
Macy: But.... her cake is out there?
Macy: What just happened?
Enna: Swimingli forgot my birthday.
This is Fredrick. He added Technophobe to his traits.
And this is Enna. She added the trait Mooch. I believe they have the same hair color, but I can't be certain.
But that cake did not go to waste! It was also Daisy's birthday? So many birthdays!
Daisy: Good memories. Two less smelly ass diapers to change. And I'm getting one step closer to being unable to have more children!
Daisy: So, what do I want to wish for more? No more poopy diaper? Or no more children?
Daisy: OH! I know!
Daisy: Shewwwwwwwww.
Daisy: Guess which I wished for, suckers.
Either way, I'm glad that we already have four potential heirs.
Daisy: Ooh. Here are the sparkles.
Enna: That was supposed to be my cake.
Daisy: Yes. Middle age. Lost my hairband.
Really, not much changes between young adult and adult. Maybe a few more shadows on the face. But not too much else.
All Children: Go Mom!
Jedidiah: Look at all of my children. They're so beautiful. *sniffle*
Dude, your wife just aged up to your left. Shouldn't you be cheering for her?
Jedidiah: But my children. <3333333
I outfitted two of the empty rooms upstairs. The one on the left is Fredrick's, the other is Enna's.
Macy: Oh, you have a messy diaper, darling?
Sloane: Poopss!
Daisy: NO I WILL NOT &@%$ING READ YOU A BEDTIME STORY. STOP @#$&ING ASKING.
Darcy: Woah, Mom.
A usual bedtime hour in the Donner household. Someone is going to come out of it scarred.
Daisy: Freaking kid.
It's definitely not going to be Daisy.
Danny: You know, your kid just wants a bedtime story. It requires minimal contact with them.
Daisy: But I would have to associate with them for ten minutes!
Danny: They came out of your body.
Daisy: I regret that fact every day of my life.
Just when I thought toddler spam was softening Daisy and changing her for the better.
So Danny helped out with the kids, leaving Daisy to her cake.
Jedidiah: I WANT TO HOLD MY DAUGHTER. Why can't I do it???
Jedidiah could be the one who is scarred. Sloane seems unaffected.
Jedidiah: Making waffles full of vengeance. Cuz anger makes me hungry.
Jedidiah: Dad, I would like to be able to take care of my daughter myself.
Danny: All you needed to do was ask.
How are you feeling? First day of school!
Enna: This is going to be stupid. Who brings kids on a field trip their first day??
Fredrick: We're going to the police station! That's where Mom works!
Enna: She's just going to ignore us. You know it.
Y'all need to be more optimistic. You'll be on a field trip! Those are nonexistent after fifth grade!
Macy: Hello, handsome. You eating some cake today?
Danny: What was that?? I couldn't hear you?
Macy: That's the man I married. :)
Macy: Young girls need food to grow big and strong and clever!
I thought that  with the painting replacer, your paintings would be slightly better.
Jedidiah: This is a very accurate painting of a strawberry. I don't need you bringing me down, man.
Macy, your son just can't paint like you can.
Macy: Well, everyone is different. I'm just better than him.
Daisy: Why. Why were my kids running around the station today.
Field trip! Fun for everyone.
Daisy: Hell for me. I like my job because it has no children.
I'm not entirely sure your sentence made sense.
Daisy: There's one of the creatures there. Let the giant yellow thing swallow her up and bring her to the outskirts of town!
We need her for the heir vote. That's bound to come around at some point.
Danny: Sloane, can you say that your mommy needs a spa day?
Sloane: SPAAAAAAAAA
Why are you guys still at the police station? I saw you getting on the bus.
Enna: I don't.... Really know.
Fredrick: It was sort of a dream. A very... strange dream.
So I sent them home. And I cried. Because practically every photo I took on the ride could have been used as a cover. And it killed me that I could't have about a million covers. So here, you get to see them.
These last two were the closest. I almost made two very short chapters, just so I could have this. But, I went for the slightly spoiler-y one.
Enna: Hi, Gran. Will you read me a story later?
Macy: I would love to! Go do your homework now so we can get to it tonight.
Enna: Okay.
Danny, though he is late 70s in the game, is still rocking the zebra striped skinny jeans and red snake skin boots.
Fredrick: Gran, the damn computer is broken.
Macy: Yes, I think your mother was rage quitting Sims Forever earlier.
How do you rage quit the Sims? Is that even possible?
Darcy: Mum, I know Gran usually does it but —
Daisy: Light bulb...
Darcy: — so would you read me a bedtime story?
Daisy: YOU FILTHY INGRATE. WHY WOULD I DO THAT.
Darcy: Woah, there.
Minus person.
This was also another contender for title pic. The view from Enna's room is amazing. Sometimes she likes to believe that she's trapped in a tower, waiting for a chance to break out.
Sometimes, it's not too hard to believe. This is such a great image!!!
Daisy: Hey, Mike. Yeah. Totally.... Do you want to play chess sometime? ... I don't want a rematch. I beat you. No, I creamed you. ... Because it's fun to beat you!
This is Macy's finished painting. I love the painting replacer. Though I do miss Danny's painting of aliens.
Macy: When you grow up big, we'll boogie together!
Sloane: Boogie!
With one toddler and four adults, Sloane's training was going quickly, but not as quickly as you might think. I'm not too good with budgeting everyone's time...
Sloane: Foooooooood.
Sloane: That was not as satisfying as I had hoped. Three out of ten, would not do again.
The grandparents really get no screen time. And definitely not together. It's been quite a ride with these guys.
Enna: So, Daddy. What are your views on sex before marriage?
Jedidiah: *splutters* What? Why are you asking that?
Enna: For my ethics and personal beliefs class.
Jedidiah: What are they teaching kids these days?
Jedidiah: Baby we built this house on memories. Take my picture now, shake it 'til you see it. And when your fantasies become your legacy, promise me a place in your house of memories.
Meanwhile, outside... This lady ran past in the most interesting way. I have sequential pictures but decided not to put them in this chapter. It looks like she was an imaginary friend.
Jedidiah: Hey, Jerri. Nice of you to visit. How's my brother?
Jerri: Eh, you know Reggie. He's as conceited as usual. This morning, he came out of the bathroom clutching a single hair and announced that he had to start dying his hair. He showed the hair to me, it was his normal color. Just looked white in the sun.
Jedidiah: That, sounds like him.
Enna: Do you have the answer to number 8?
Fredrick: I got that you can't use a semicolon in the first example, but you can for the third.
Enna: What about the second example?
Fredrick: I drew a little awkward turtle next to it and that one face Mum makes.
The thing with four adults in the house and one visiting, is that when there is one toddler screaming, nothing actually gets done.
Sloane: I'M HUNGRY.
Jerri: Let me help you, little one.
Macy: Who do you think you are. Taking care of my grandchild.
Danny: That lady needs to stop.
Jedidiah: Jerri, seriously?
Jerri: She's so adorable!
Macy: This is profoundly odd?
Jedidiah: Jerri, I will cut you.
Jerri: I think I'm really being accepted by them.
Daisy: Do you ever find you just need to put newspapers on the floor so they don't pee everywhere?
Jerri: Um... We don't have any pets.
Daisy: No! For the kids.
Jerri: We don't have any of those either.
Darcy: I'm hungry and celebrating! It's my birthday!
Darcy: And guess who forgot it?
Danny: Yeah! Go on, Darce. You can sparkle!
Fredrick: I'm tired of this. I got used to boys sparkling during the Twilight craze.
We need to change that hair.
Darcy: It's because you forgot my birthday.
These are Darcy's stats! He added the trait Eco-Friendly to his others. He added a scarf to complete his transformation into angsty teen hipster.
Fredrick: Oh. God. Turn him back turn him back!
Danny: That's my grandson!
Darcy: Lol! The looks on their faces! I suddenly turned into some angsty film-maker type!
Not necessarily certain that's a good thing.
Jedediah: So this is the story of Sir Guy the Knight traveling the world and saving it from the likes of the evil little Gorbles.
Jedediah: Now, the Gorbles are an ugly race, with bulbous eyes and pink teeth and eyes the color of death.
Fredrick: Dad, death doesn't have a color!
Jedediah: You're right. It doesn't. Now sleep well. This is memory foam. Your mother loves it.
My rule number one for children: Don't sleep in your parents' bed. You don't know what goes on there, but we do.
Enna: You remember when you agreed to read me a bedtime story a few days ago?
Macy: Sure! Let me grab a book and I'll be right up.
Daisy: Everything is completely normal. Do not worry.
Sloane: Imma baby monkey! Who who who!
Enna: Pointedly looking away.
Macy: The warrior Alex galloped up to the illogical king and shouted "You cannot speak to us that way! Those who protect your kingdom deserve your respect."
Macy: At this, the king was truly outraged. He yelled at Alex, "You and your minions shall not be protected under my reign henceforth. You are banished!" And then Alex and all of their warriors packed their saddlebags, and mounted, and rode off into the mountains. Because Alex didn't take any shit form anyone.
Macy: I hope she wasn't awake for the last bit. Sort of turned it into a political stance.
Macy: Good night, dear.
Macy: Sleep well.
...
...
...

So, I got slightly more cinematic this chapter. And possibly more concerning? I don't know.
It's been so long since last chapter. 2 months. Bit over. Which is bad, considering I shot this chapter the same time I shot the last. And I had no classes this past month. So. That's bad.
But hey, it's out now. So that's a thing.
Something I realized this chapter, is that I've been spelling Jedediah's name wrong for a generation and a half. I have no idea when that changed. I also was incapable of labeling his dialogue the correct name this chapter. First, it was Reggie, then it was Danny for about. I had to go back through and fix the name. I didn't bother with fixing the spelling. I'll know for the future.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please leave a comment either below or on the forums.
Thanks for reading! Until next. Swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment