Map to the Maze

Monday, January 5, 2015

The Donner Legacy: Generation 2: Chapter 7

I have to admit, this is slightly embarrassing. It's been almost three years since I last posted a chapter of Donners. However, good news! I have all of the pictures until the heir vote. It's broken up into this chapter, and then two others. It covers a lot of material! This first chapter has been sitting on my desktop for about two years or something. Whoops.....
Anyway, hopefully it's worth it. :)
It probably isn't.


 When we last left off, Danny was scolding Reggie about something. Maybe about smelling so much?
Danny: Grumpy words, dramatic gesturing, crisp enunciation.
Reggie: Frownie face.
 Danny: Do you understand?? YOU NEED TO TAKE MORE SHOWERS.
Reggie: Woah, there, Dad. I got it. I'll take one as soon as I can.
 In other news, we invited over two friends! I'm not sure who they are, but one might be an Annan sister? But both seem to like the porch.
 All the girls are sleeping in their sleeping bags. :) Maybe I should get them beds soon. HAH. Like that's gonna happen, with less than §100 in their funds.
 Jedidiah: I'm so tired, I think it's making me nauseous. Or maybe that's the green looking mac and cheese I had for dinner.
Take a guess.
 Danny: I'm going to plant a garden.
You have to take care of it. Can you handle that responsibility?
Danny: I do have five children.
You also have a wife to help.
 Macy's been painting all evening, trying to make the family have more money, after blowing it all on the very expensive birthday cakes.
 Jedidiah: I knew I should have eaten the cereal.
Uh oh. This isn't a good sign.
 Jedidiah: blargIhopeI'mnotpregnantaaaaaaaagh
I don't think you are. But if you were your future wife or the triplet who wins the heir vote, I would be very happy.
Annan sister: I'm always around for these awkward things.
 Annan sister: Maybe I should go inside. I can smell the puke, but I can't see my hands.
There may be panthers in that single tree over there.
 Danny: So um.... How's the homework?
Friend: Fine. It's just pre-algebra.
Danny: Is that the one with the numbers?
And this is why he chose to be a musician.
 Annan sister: Bow down to me! By accepting the ruby scepter, I have become ruler of the Jewel Kingdom!
Friend: It's time to leave. See ya.
Reggie: Did I have that interaction as a kid? Why did I never become the Lord Ruler? Luthadel could've been mine!
Reg, I don't think you want to be the Lord Ruler. Most everyone hates him. And he's a fictional character. (Unlike you??)
 Spouse bonding. Painting large paintings side by side. I'm actually really bad at leading family interactions. I think they are friends with maybe one other family member. But not each other. Whoops.
 And then, at 4 in the morning, the triplets are up.
Jennie: I need to rethink my life if I'm eating left over salad for breakfast.
January: True that.
Jess: Don't remind me.
 Jess: Ugh. This sucks. I detest salad.
January: mremfmerghermegh
 Sadly, I have had 4 am homework sessions before. It's not a good time.
 Exemplary driving from the bus driver, as always.
 After school, Reggie visited Celeste GilsCarbo's house.
 This is Celeste. Even though I'm sort of convinced that she is the only female and the Kidd kid the only male, no way is she getting married into the family. I refuse to have the children grow up with that hair. Among other things.
 At home, the Annan child is back, and Jess is back with more cake.
Jedidiah: Homework homework homework homework. Screw pre-calc.
 Reggie and Celeste were doing homework too. At opposite ends of a fairly large table for only two chairs.
 Annan: ACKNOWLEDGE ME AS RULER.
Jess: Ugh, not again.
Jedi: I've learned to deal.
 Since Macy was getting a bit stir crazy, I sent her to town to complete an opportunity that's been around for ages.
 Macy: HEY HEY LADY. I have a thing to say to you.
 Macy: Oh, hello. I didn't think you would stop.....
Lady: Please hurry up. My arm is falling off due to the weight of this child.
 I got Danny a guitar, finally. I feel like he deserves it.
 He immediately went to it and started plucking at the strings, smiling like a giddy five year old on too much sugar.
 Absolutely everything in this house is broken. Out of the two toilets, about one is always clogged. And then we get floods.
 Macy: It's dirty.
 Uh, Macy..... That's worrying.
Macy: IT MUST BE DESTROYED.
 Jennie and Jess: *whistling that song from the original The Parent Trap* Homework. It's the worst thing. Homework. I really hate this thing.
 But, overnight, I bought three cakes and one more counter section to fit all of them. Because.....
 TRIPLET BIRTHDAYS!!!!!
 Jedi and Danny are going about it so half-heartedly. Reggie and Macy are really throwing themselves in it.
 Jennie: What should I wish for.....
Jess: I already know! Shewwwwww.
Jedidiah: Go sisters!
 January: Guys, wait for me! What to wish for? To be voted heiress?
 January: Whatever. Shew!
 Jess: It's my birthday! Woo!
Jennie: Shouldn't I sparkle first?
 Jess: *claps*
 Jess: And so it begins.
 Jess: The transformation is almost complete!
Jennie: Oh please. Just hurry up so I can have a go.
 Jess: Bam. I look good. Though we have to do something about the hair.
It's up to you.
 Jennie: Geez. My youngest sister gets to sparkle first too??
It's the way of the Sparkles.
 January: There it is.
 January: Not bad, eh? Though I dislike the fringe.
As you wish. ;)
Reggie: ENTHUSIASM!
 Jennie: Finally! My turn. *noise maker* Stop cheering for January and pay attention to me!
 Jennie: Look! I'm sparkling!
 Jennie: Look, I'm spinning.
 Jennie: Look. You missed it.
Macy: No we didn't, honey!
Danny: Woot!
And then they continued to cheer for nothing. I feel like some of the family is lagging behind by a minute or two.
Now here is Jennie's stats sheet. She added "Nurturing" to her traits. She also has the LTW vocal legend.
Jess turned a bit more punk. But I think it suits her. She added "Grumpy" to her traits. She has the LTW emperor of evil.
 And January.  She added "Unlucky" to her traits. I think she's the most classically beautiful. It's something about her eyebrow. Maybe.
Jennie: So... I grew up. What do you think, Mom?
Macy: Your buns are crooked.
For the next couple of hours, everyone stood around the house and watched Danny play his guitar.
Then I got bored and sent all five teenagers on a trip to the library. They have no books or computers at their house, so, what else am I supposed to do?
Though, I'm not sure how all five of them fit in there. Maybe one is in the trunk?
Aren't they so stylish? I feel like this could be a film poster. :)
The Donner Legacy
Coming soon, to theaters near you.
Once inside, they all dispersed. Most went to go read.
Jennie, on the other hand, sat down at the computer and started to write. What, you may ask?
Jennie: And then Edward placed his marble hand on Bella's cheek, looking soulfully in her eyes. 'Why must you make me feel this way?' he asked. 'Because I'm the love of your life,' she replied.
I wish she would at least choose a good book to write a fan fiction about. Like Harry Potter, for instance. (I'm sorry if you like Twilight or dislike Harry Potter. I'm sure we can work out our differences.)
All too soon, I realized that, whoops! It was past their curfew.
Jennie: Oh shit! A cop.
Reggie: Now you just realize.
Jedidiah: I'm coming, don't worry.
But for some reason, only January and Jess were picked up. The other three were left there to make their own way home. That doesn't seem like very good police work?
January: Mom's gonna kill us, right?
Jess: Yeah. Probably won't let us go to school for a week.
Jess: Brace yourself.
January: It's gonna be a bumpy ride.
So they headed in, just as the other three pulled up in their taxi. I still have no idea why the cop didn't pick them up too.
Macy: WHY DON'T YOU EVER COME HOME ON TIME?? I have given you plenty of chances in the past, but NO. You insist on disobeying me! Do you realize how worried you were?
Jess: What I wouldn't give to be flying away on a rocket right now.
Macy: I'm so disappointed in you.
Jess: Though right now, I wouldn't protest if it just hit me instead.
I dislike it when the parents pull the "I'm so disappointed in you" bit.
But January received the same treatment.
Jennie: Damn, walked in just in time for the awkward telling off of your sister.
Jedidiah was not exempt.
Neither was Reggie.
Macy got really into telling him off.
Macy: I'm so upset, I have to throw my hands up in the air very dramatically!
Reggie: Oh no, anything but that!!
She even woke up Jennie to scold her.
Jennie: She's got to just go along with the music! Something nice and calm. Not too angry and head thrashing.
Macy: What am I going to do with them, Dan?
Danny: They're teenagers. You gotta let them find their own way. We can protect them however much we want, but in the end, they have to make their own mistakes.
I think my philosophy class is getting to me too much. XD
Danny: So... Rhi, your mom really chewed you out, yeah?
January: I don't want to talk about it.
Are you guys enjoying your cake?
Jedidiah: Yes! *shoves a spoonful in his mouth*
Jess: You are so uncultured. At least use a fork!
Reggie: Didn't you know? Society dictates that we eat everything with spoons unless it needs to be stabbed.
I swear to God, everything breaks.
Jennie: Sigh. Another puddle of broken sink water.
For instance, in the bathroom, the other sink is broken, and the toilet is broken. I think I need to get a repair guy on retainer.
Macy: Jennie, I blame you.
Jennie: :(
Reggie: Jen, don't worry about Mom. She's just pissed that Dad let us go to school.
Ah, if only my parents were more willing to allow me to stay home....
The twins continued to be on the Fix-It crew, Jedi working on Macy.
Jedidiah: Mom, I know you're upset, but you are supposed to be more emotionally stable than this! Why don't you just take the night off and spend some time with Dad?
Macy: Well... I guess I have been a little on edge. Thanks for the offer, Jedi.
And so, it became Sibling Night. All of the children took over the main room to gossip or tell ghost stories.
January and Jess: *giggle giggle* omg i like cant blieve that he said that! Like, really tho.
Jedidiah: And he looked up, to see a giant, purple glowing scarab beetle hanging over his head! And he was like, "What is this crap?"
Reggie: Something tells me he's making this up on the spot.
Jennie: SHHHHHHH.
Jedidiah: However, scarab beetles didn't scare him. He turned to the side, and saw his worst nightmare! A disembodied dinosaur head, with Mr. Mime face paint and wig! And Jerry screamed his head off, running toward the door.....
Jennie: uh oh.....
Jedidiah: But there was no door!
Jennie: NO. *big gasp*
Jess: O-okay then...
Reggie: Bro say what?
Jedidiah: Jerry rushed over to the window and tried to break it with his fist, but it did nothing. In fact, the entire room was encased in gelatin!
Jess: But I'm allergic to gelatin!
Jennie: How horrible.
Reggie: To what? Jess's allergies, or the fact that someone took enough time to encase an entire room in gelatin?
Jedidiah: HUSH. YOU'RE RUINING THE STORY.
Jennie: Whoops... Sorry. Please don't be scary any more.
Reggie: That's our bad.
Jedidiah: So, anyway, Jerry kept punching the gelatin, but to no avail. His hands only got stickier! He could no longer unstick his fingers! He also had trouble moving his legs. And when he looked down, he realized why. They had begun to turn into mummy's legs!
Jedidiah: Eventually, he turned entirely into a soul sucking mummy and existed on to capture the soul of the next person who found themselves unfortunate enough to get stuck in the Gelatin Room.
Reggie: Jess, I think I suddenly became allergic, too.
Anyway, Sibling Night turned into Family Bonding Night, with Jenny and Danny attacking each other with pillows....
And Macy and Jedi and Rhi all painting together.
Danny even spent some time outside with his adoptive children, his garden. That I totally didn't forget about.....
Danny: *whistles* Don't worry plants. I'm going to take such good care of you from now on.
Meanwhile, over by the gate.....
Jennie: Whammo!
Reggie: Oooooh. Nice shot, sis!
I think Jess might be concussed now.
Jess: RETRIBUTION. PAY BACK'S A BITCH.
That looks like it might hurt, quite a bit.
Reggie: So glad that's not me!
Jennie: You know, Jess. Reggie, our dear dear brother, hasn't been able to get in on the fun. Shall we invite him in?
Jess: Why, sister. I do believe we shall. We don't want him to grow up missing out on anything.
Reggie: Something tells me I'm not going to like this at all.
I love these big interaction scenes. I'm very good at dividing them so they don't have any interactions with each other.
However, by the end of the night, I feel like they took Family Bonding too far. For some reason, January felt the urge to crowd around the sink with half of her family.
All while Jennie was wielding a knife.
January: Why do I feel like this is dangerous?? It's family friendly!
Danny: Look at my cute little plants, all in a row. <3
And then Family Bonding sort of deteriorated....
Jess: Come at me, mah!
Macy: Jess, I don't wan't to fight. I just want you to learn your lesson. You can't stay out late anymore!
Jess: I just want to go to school! Is that too much to ask?
I obviously think EA did a horrible job programming the grounded interaction/status.
Reggie: Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!
In an act of desperation, since the bus was right outside, I had Danny, the more forgiving in my mind, go around and let all of his children "off the hook".
Danny: Jess, just between you and me, I want you to get an education. Don't tell your mom, but I'm ungrounding you so that you can go to school.
It gets really sad when this is necessary.
Anyway, here I leave you with a painting Danny made in order to expel all of the negative emotion. It's quite dark.....
Anyway, sorry again for being away for three years. This generation should wrap up fairly quickly, since I have all of the pictures. (Just kidding! I'd forgotten just how bloody long it takes to write these things....) But the next chapters are slightly shorter. So (hopefully!) they'll go slightly faster. Please comment either here or on the thread (link in the description). And feel free to check out any of the other posts on this blog or any of the others I've linked you to.
Two more chapters until the heir vote. Time to start thinking about who you want to carry on the Donner Legacy!
Until next time (which will hopefully be sometime in the next few weeks) be magnificent!
--Swimingli

No comments:

Post a Comment