Map to the Maze

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Donner Legacy: Generation 3: Chapter 2

Hello! Thanks for reading yet another chapter of the Donners. It looks like I'm getting these out at a nice pace! I mean, this is the fifth this year! Anyway, this is the last chapter before Jedidiah can really start his generation. I hope you're as excited as I am!
You seem pretty damn excited.

So, where we left off, Reggie and his new wife Jeri had just moved out into the biggest house in town. And I was being crazy jealous. But his absence has upset the balance in the bedroom! Everyone has moved!
But ever since the oldest moved out, the house is pretty quiet during the day. Everyone works on skills until Danny has to go to work.
Danny: I CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALL. I NEVER HIT SO HARD IN LOOOOOOVE. ALL I WANTED WAS TO BREAK YOUR WALLS. ALL YOU DID WAS. WREH EH EHK ME.
He recently saw the Christina Grimmie version. Been stuck in our heads ever since.
Macy: Another done! And this one is like, §700. You'd better get me a new computer.
Yeah yeah. Just sell the thing so we can have money.
Jedidiah: Wai- whaa- wha- geez.
Love, I think you need to up your game. Stop drawing little mushroom guys!
Jedidiah: Those are houses. :'(
So, when the triplets came home, they were running on no sleep. So I sent them to take naps.
More casualties of the modern age's focus on goal achievement.

Then they all went to do homework in separate room.
Jennie: Hey, uh, guys? What's the antiderivative of secant squared of pi x?

Macy: Last one for the day. I'm getting sleepy.
Wow. Like, half of our money is from your art. Maybe my artist friend won't be too bad off in the future.
Jedidiah: Wait up! I'm almost finished with this one. I want some positive regard.
Rhi, aren't you tired of cake?
January: Hah. You jest. Me? Tired of the sugary heaven that is birthday cake. Inconceivable!
Macy: There's the bus, dear. You'd better shove that thing in your mouth if you don't want to be grounded.
So, I was getting a bit bored of having three sims just stay at home all day. So I sent Danny to the beach. This is where we got the cover photos for the past two chapters.
Macy, on the other hand...
Macy: Scrub a dub dub. Cleaning the tub. 'Cept we don't have a tub. So I'm washing the shower.
And here begins the birthday fest that will be the rest of the chapter. After all, we do have the triplets to age up and move out. I managed to only age them up two days in advance.

First up, Jess and Dwayne.
January: You couldn't just let me have my cake, could you.

She never had her breakfast cake that morning.
Jess: Swim, you totally missed all of the cheering and the sparkling!
Uh... Sparkles, check. Cheering, check. What am I missing?
Oh. The awkward, "Look how sexy I am" pose.
Jess: Go Dwayne! *blows horn*
Dwayne: Golly, woman! That was right in my ear.
Dwayne: Ha ha. Look at this piece of man cake.
Uh...... We can work on that.
Quick cake break, finally appeasing January.
And a reset.
Next is Jennie and Shonna!
Both: Synchronised SHEW.
Macy: Look how good my daughter is at cooperating with others!
Everyone: WOOOOOOO.
Jennie: Attacked by the green sparkles! It's like I'm getting blown up!
Only in the original Star Wars.

Jennie: I can work this.
Macy: My face is older than my daughter's. That's supposed to happen. . . ?

Shonna: Sparkle spin!
January: FINALLY GOT MY CAKE. SUGAR HIGH.
Shonna: Look, Jen, I have your same shirt!
Cake break for the guests because I couldn't cancel their interaction (they JUST had cake!).
Lightning reset. And finally, January.
January: She totally almost forgot me.
... I plead the fifth.
January: Shew.
Shonna: Huh. Never noticed that wall there, before.
January: Spin with no sparkles. Where did everyone go?
Maybe five birthdays in a row was too much.
Shonna: Woo! Belated cheering!
January: Please, can we change this hair?
Shonna: Please do.
Commence the wooing. I had two couples getting married and engaged and whatnot at once, so please pardon the horrible screen shots.
Jennie: Be my girlfriend.
Shonna: Tired. What? Yes.
Jennie: Be my wife?
Shonna: OMG. LOOK AT THAT STARBURST.
Shonna: I love you so much, Jen. We're gonna have a great life together.
Jess: Dwayne, out of all of my siblings, I have known my SO the longest. And that's you.
Dwayne: Yes. So...
Jess: Let me finish. You might have noticed my sister and her girlfriend getting engaged back there and if they have known each other for a week and can get married, surely we can get married when we've known each other for more than a week.
Jess: So, that being true, Dwayne. Will you marry me?
Dwayne: !!!!!!
Shonna: With this ring, I bind myself to you forever as my love and no one can dictate our love for each other.
Shonna: I will love you forever, no matter what may happen.
Jennie: <3 <3
Jess: So just take the ring, yeah? I feel like I've been kneeling here for longer than my sister was engaged.
Dwayne: It's so sparkly! It's like, it's own orb of light.
Shonna: With this ring, I thee wed.
Just a quick trivia question, how long has Danny been standing there?
Jennie: Shonna, I knew from the moment I saw you we had something special. This is just a physical representation of the spiritual bond that we share. We don't need it but it's very useful for tax benefits and for keeping guys from hitting on me. Because I will not hit back
Jess: You like?
Dwayne: It's beautiful!
I'm counting that this is the ninth picture.
Jennie: But I will always respond to your advances because chances are, I was about to do the same thing. Funny about these spiritual connections and whatnot. With this ring, I thee wed.
Dwayne: It just so...... SHINY.
Jess: I was definitely kneeling for so much longer than Jennie was engaged.
Dwayne: Thank you so much for asking me! I love you so much.
Jess: I love you too.
I now pronounce you wife and wife! You may now kiss the other bride! *sob* They're so great together.
Dwayne: Now, Swimingli just wrote vows for the other two, so she'd better write some for us. So here goes. You first stormed into my house and I nearly didn't notice anyone was there because your clothes were exactly the same colour as my walls. But you mentioned globes and I was hooked.
Dwayne: I would travel the world a thousand times over to find you again. With this ring, I thee wed.
Jess: All you said and more. Words cannot describe the fulness I feel around you. It's like, I'm full to bursting with love and happiness and excitement. But then you smile, or you glance at me, or you touch my hand, and I just get fuller with all of those emotions. You make me so much more that I could ever be alone. With this ring, I thee wed.
My inner romantic thanks you four for forcing me to let it out.
Inner Romantic: Thank you!!
But these two are going to have a wonderful and happy life together.
Jess: I love you so so much.
Dwayne: I get to spend the rest of my life with you.
Jess' final stats. She added the trait of light sleeper. I guess it will be helpful for when assassins inevitably creep their way into her room to dispatch her before she can become emperor of evil. She went for a more toned down, sophisticated master criminal look.
And you can see exactly how bright her eyes are.
This is Dwayne. Unfortunately, he dislikes children. And his eyes are really that squinty. If I play each spare household for a while, I'll probably give them one chile.
Jennie. She added social butterfly. I also remembered that her LTW is vocal legend. She's always seemed too quiet and to herself to be a pop star. She hasn't changed much, but her face is just more beautiful.
This is Shonna. She's also really pretty. Jennie and Reggie lucked out with their choices of girlfriends. They're definitely adopting a kid or two.
And January is the youngest. Wow. She was born like, four years ago. She got savvy sculptor as a new trait and I gave her the LTW descendent of da Vinci, where she has to master painting, sculpting, and inventing. I gave her this one mainly because I don't have to do it. She got a bit more grown up in the process of growing up.
The sleeping balance is still incredibly off. Now Macy is sleeping in the sleeping bags. I think that might have something to do with her decreased relationship with Danny.
Anyway, I had Jennie, Shonna, Jess and Dwayne all move out together at 4 am.
Jess: Do the 4 am creep.
Side note, the toilet broke one last time on her directly before she moved out.
And those four got this place. Jess promptly collapsed from exhaustion. But Sims is so weird in that the people you kick out with zero money get the largest houses in the world.
January: Bye, Mom! Sleep well. Bye house! You've been my home for as long as I can remember!
I sent January off at 6 am, right after I followed the other four to their home. Otherwise I have no idea where they've moved to.
Somehow, she landed a car which is sweet for her.
January: Look how grown up I am! I'm driving! Even though I never was taught. Apparently, we couldn't afford a car. Even though I just got this one for free.
The Sims is really bad at reality.
This is a cute little house where she moved. It's actually a reasonable size. The others must have taken up all the huge ones.
Jedidiah: So, Mom. Now we have a clean slate. Just you, me and Dad. And Daisy once I get her over here.
Macy: Yes. Now leave me to my cake.
After the birthday-palooza, they have like, 8 cakes in the fridge. They won't need any other food for WEEKS.
Danny: LIGHTBULBS. We should totes have lightbulbs in the new house.
Macy: I see your point and I agree.
Since everyone is not so subtly hinting at the fact that they want new stuff and since I detest this house and cannot wait for a new one myself, I sent Macy and Danny to the theatre to kill time and get them out of the house.
Jedidiah lagged behind to finish one last painting.
Jedidiah: I will contribute more to the household funds!
By painting the same exact painting?
Jedidiah: It was my most successful one yet. So sue me.
Danny: Oh don't you dare look back. Just keep your eyes on me. I said, "You're holding back." She said, "Shut up and dance with me!"
Once the theatre opened, I sent them in to watch "Sharks ... On Land!" If you take a moment to really look at the movie names, they are the most ridiculous things ever.
Once he finished his painting again, I sent Jedi to the gym. Why?
This view. I would kill for that view. Look at how beautiful that view is.
Jedidiah: I'm a little bus trying to not trip over my feet like an idiot.
You? An idiot? Nawww.
Jedidiah: Whoops! Nearly lost it there. Um. Good thing these arm structures are here.
He actually fell, right after I zoomed away to go build a house.
And build a house I did! I was originally gonna have it be two floors, but I ran out of money. So it's just one. It's on the same lot. Actually, none of the appliances are different except for the fridge, stove and shower/tub combo. I have the rest of the appliances on reserve in the family inventory. It does save money.
Here is the basic layout. Big blue floor is the future nursery. To the right is a little prison of a room that Danny and Macy will share. To the right is the hobbies area with the easels. Below is the dining table. The curvy dark thing is a couch. Front door is right at the short end of that. Kitchen more to the left. The big bed room is the master bed for Jedi and Daisy. The bathroom is the checkered floor. I quite like it, for what it is. It could definitely be better but it works just fine as it is.
Best thing about it? It has a computer.
So that's the end of this chapter! These things seem to come in spurts rather than regular intervals. Hopefully I keep it so that the spurts aren't too far and few between. I'm never going back to that three year deal. So if you enjoyed it, have comments, suggestions, constructive criticisms, ideas, comment below or here in the forums. If you have an opinion on whether or not you want me to do some spares updates/Day in the Lives, also comment.
Until next time! (Which I hope to be in the month.)
Cheers, Swim.

2 comments:

  1. Firstly I just wanted to say I like the new blog design, the font especially is a lot easier to read! The chapter was great *waves* farewell to all the spares!! I'm looking forward to seeing the new generation getting started, and in a new house too lol... with a computer!!... and lightbulbs xP

    ~Kipper123

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have to say, I was was actually looking at it last night and I was like, Geez. How can ANYONE read this thing? And trust me, I love my fonts (I have font downloading binges) but I think this design is much more refined. I have to say, I was inspired by your blog. I mean, the title of the blog? How did you do that?
      Anyway, I've been noticing that a majority of the time, the speech bubbles feature lightbulbs, so I'm making fun of that by including a picture of it every time. I am also very excited for a new house! As I said, I really disliked the other one. It was so dark and expensive and all of the rooms were way too small. I hope to play some more sims this weekend, so, we'll see when we get back to Jedidiah!
      Swim.

      Delete