Map to the Maze

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Build: Quaint Cottage

Welcome to the tour of my first real build! It is a place called Quaint Cottage, even though it a’int the tiniest bit quaint, it’s BIG! Well, if I have sparked your interest, READ ON!!! :D:D:D


 

Thanks for taking the time!
 So, this lovely place, as mentioned before, is Quaint Cottage. I felt like it should have a name, but I couldn’t think of anything. But if there is one thing I know, this isn’t a cottage. It’s more of a house... That shows you how well at naming I am. XD
 This house is decked out with a full play area with a sprinkler and a picnic table. The landscaping sucks, but that can’t be help because I can’t.... landscape. But if you down load it, do what ever you want with it.
 This is the layout for the bottom floor, starting on the top left, there is the mud room/work out room, in the corner of that is a bathroom with out a sink... Not enough space and not good enough planning on my part... yeah. I’m not that good a builder. Below that is the down stairs bedroom, set up for two girls, one teenager and one child, you can obviously change it if you need to. In the huge room, the green tiled portion is the kitchen, then the dining room table, again, set for 5, then the sitting area. That’s basically the downstairs except for the stereo but you’ll see it later.
 This is the sitting area and the front door.
 The kitchen and the kitchen table...
 The kitchen #2...
 Kitchen #3 and the table and sitting area...
 Look into the mudroom... See, there’s the stereo.
 Mud room out to the yard.
 Mudroom bathroom... I actually had to delete a section of the wall to take this pic. Grr...
 First shot of the downstairs bedroom, teen side.
 Second shot of teen side...
 The shot of the dresser and toy oven and the door into the room.
 The shot of the kids side of the room.
 Another useless shot.. But I like it.
 This is the top floor. At the top in the middle are the stairs, they lead into the study room. The big blue room at the bottom right is the nursery colored for a baby or toddler boy. To the right of the nursery, is the branching room with doors into the bathroom up top, the master bedroom to the right, and the study room up top and the nursery to the left. The bright area above the master bed room is the patio or whatever it’s called. The door is from the bedroom.
 This is taken from the top of the stairs. This is the study area. It’s very open and light.
 From in front of the book case to the play area and into the branching room. The stairs are off to the direction that the light is coming from.
 A look into the branching room. The door off to the left is to the master bed room and if you go through the arch way and turn around, the door to the bathroom is right next to it. To the right is the door to the nursery.
 This is taken from the doorway to the bathroom. I um... sorta ran out of room in here too so it might be a bit cramped. Just to let you know...
 Bathroom shot two... Right next to the toilet is the door.
 Just wanted a clear view of the sink in there...
 Master bedroom 1... It’s all blue and besides the porch or what ever (terrace?), the study room and the kitchen/dining room, it’s my favorite room in the house.
 Master bed room, shot 2... I like how I put decorations in this house. I usually don’t and leave them to decorate their own house by painting. I really like the paintings in TS3. But I don’t know what they were like in TS2. I didn’t play it.
 A look from the bed out the doors onto the thing outside...
 The dresser and mirror. Doesn’t it look nice? :)
 Okay, last pic of the master bedroom, I promise.
 This is the... let’s just call it a terrace, shall we? Well, this is the terrace, the window to the left of the fire place looks into the bathroom and the one to the right looks over the stairs. it looks really awesome at night.
 Nursery shot 1...
 Nursery shot 2...
 Nursery shot 3...
 Nursery shot 4...
 Last shot. I promise.
 Now we’re outside! This is from the door from the door from the mud room.
 This is a shot of the yard...
 Another shot...
 Another...
 Yet another...
 Now a night shot...

Well, that was the tour! I know that you must’ve been really tired of my rants and my triple periods. Well, please comment because I want to know how I did on my first build. Personally, I would really want to live in this house because it reminds me a lot of the kinds of houses I always stay in when I go on a beach vacation. I do love the sunset on the ocean.

In case I didn't say it before, the house is set up for a family of two parents, a teen, a child, and a baby/toddler. One can convert the terrace thing outside to another bedroom, the nursery to a bedroom, or a small section of the study area to the bed room. Or add something to the house. It is very livable, and doesn't have any expansion pack/stuff pack stuff, no matter what it says on the download page, and it doesn't have any store stuff. Enjoy!
You can download it here.
The forum is here.
--Swimingli

No comments:

Post a Comment